Here’s my top 5 Bathroom design features:
- No elevation change walk in showers (and no shower doors or glass)
- Separate water closet (Composting Toilet)
- Opening windows (Especially at just above tub height)
- Waterproof floor with a drain
- Wide Doorway (This means all mobilities access to Bathroom)
Check out these amazing and sensible bathrooms!
Arrgh!! I want to blow the doors off your bathroom….literally! The Bathroom is one of the two rooms in a home that are almost always too small (mechanical room is the other) and often not very conducive to moisture.
The door bumps into the toilet; or my elbows smash into the shower enclosure; no drain in floor in a room that houses a toilet, sink, shower and tub (this one dumbfounds me); there’s no window, fresh air or decent ventilation of any kind; and haven’t we learned that the toilet should perhaps have it’s own space with some natural ventilation and maybe even a view.
Not many things can bring more peace and harmony to Mr. & Mrs. Bear than a well-designed Bathroom (except maybe the kitchen; the bedroom is another more mature matter). I also like to design in French doors or windows that open adjacent to the bathtub so you can enjoy fresh breezes at least some of the year. Rub-a-dub-dub all!